Sapulpa voters passed two maintenance school bond propositions on Tuesday with a large amount of support. The two bonds passed with 80.15% and 79.59% respectively. The first vote had a total of 670 votes counted, and the second had a total of 676 votes.
The passing of the two bonds ensures the maintenance and care of numerous facilities and programs. Based on the assessed property valuations and taxation over the past three years, there is no projected tax increase for these bonds.
Proposition 1 will be used to:
- Purchase and install furniture, fixtures and equipment district-wide to include but not be limited to: classroom/library furniture, security upgrades, and HVAC
- Purchase new band instruments
- Purchase equipment for Athletics, Cheer, and Ping Pings programs
- Purchase equipment for Ag program
- Purchase digital curriculum/textbooks district-wide
- Purchase and install technology district-wide
- Repair/replace roofs as needed
The total amount of Proposition 1 equals $1,195,000.
Proposition 2 will be used to:
- Purchase vehicle(s) for student transportation, including: Additional vehicle with wheelchair lift to accommodate Special Education students; Vehicle for Ag program; Activity Bus; Route Bus
The total amount of Proposition 2 equals $450,000.