Sapulpa Public Schools (SPS) announced its site Teachers of the Year for the 2021-22 school year at a series of special ceremonies last week.
The educators will be honored on Tuesday, February 1, at the Chieftain Center, during Teacher Appreciation Night. They will be formally introduced between the girls’ and boys’ varsity basketball games against Bixby, at approximately 7:25 p.m.
Sapulpa Public Schools congratulates these inspiring and innovative educators who are recognized by their peers for igniting a passion for learning in their students.
- Freedom Elementary – Amber Moore, 2nd Grade
- Holmes Park Elementary – Debra Ashby, Kindergarten
- Jefferson Heights Elementary – Rebecca Clostio, 3rd Grade
- Liberty Elementary STEM Academy – Lori Reed, 1st Grade
- Sapulpa Middle School – Brandy Lusk, 7th Grade Science
- Sapulpa Junior High – Debbie Williams, Spanish
- Sapulpa High School – Jeremy Lusk, English
- Bartlett Academy – Kyle Bloomer, History and Social Studies
Brandy Lusk and Jeremy Lusk are a married couple, both of whom were named site Teachers of the Year for Sapulpa Middle School and Sapulpa High School, respectively.
Three Support Employee of the Year finalists will also be introduced at Teacher Appreciation Night. They are Jeannie Helvey, special education paraprofessional at Liberty Elementary STEM Academy; Shannon Groves, Sapulpa Bands secretary; and Chris Pressler, custodian.
The Sapulpa District Teacher of the Year and Support Employee of the Year will be announced later this spring during the Teacher of the Year banquet.
To learn more about Sapulpa Public Schools, visit sapulpaps.org.