Sapulpa one of three disaster recovery locations opening in Oklahoma

Oklahoma City, OK – Three more state/federal Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) are opening in Oklahoma, in the cities of Sapulpa (Creek County), Stillwater (Payne County), and Henryetta (Okmulgee County).

The centers will offer in-person support to Oklahoma homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained damage or losses during thesevere storms, straight-line winds, tornadoes and flooding between May 7 and June 9, 2019.

The center in Okmulgee County will only be open for three days. 

The centers in Creek County and Payne County will be open until further notice.

Recovery specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) will be at the centers to talk about assistance and to help anyone who needs guidance in filing an application. The centers will be at the following locations:

Creek County
Creek County Commissioners Ballroom
317 East Lee Avenue
Sapulpa, OK 74066
Opening: Saturday, June 22
Hours: Daily 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Until further notice

Okmulgee County
Henryetta Fire Department Classroom
1804 N.E. 4th Street
Henryetta, OK 74437
Hours: Three days only
Tuesday (June 25): 10 a.m. -7 p.m.
Wednesday–Thursday (June 26-27): 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Closes COB on Thursday, June 27

Payne County
Stillwater Community Center
315 West 8th Street
Stillwater, OK 74074
Opening: Tuesday, June 25
Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Until further notice

If possible, homeowners, renters and businesses should contact their insurance company and register with FEMA before visiting a recovery center. Registration is available in the following ways:

  • Online at
  • Phone 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
  • Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit:

The following information is helpful when registering:

  • Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
  • Current mailing address.
  • Current telephone number.
  • Insurance information.
  • Total household annual income.
  • Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
  • A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.

The designated counties for eligible applicants areCanadian, Cherokee, Creek, Delaware, Kay, Le Flore, Logan, Mayes, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Payne, Pottawatomie, Rogers, Sequoyah, Tulsa, Wagoner and Washington.

Individual Assistance for homeowners and renters can include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repairs and other serious disaster-related expenses not met by insurance or other assistance programs. 

Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration are available to businesses, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters to cover residential and business losses as a result of the disaster. Applicants can visit their nearest disaster recovery center for one-on-one assistance or apply online using SBA’s secure website at

In addition, applicants can get more information on SBA disaster assistance by calling SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955, by visiting, or by emailing Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may call 800-877-8339.

Find out more at and

Follow us on Twitter at and the FEMA Blog at

Posted in


Community submissions include online messages and Letters to the Editor sent in from members of the community, as well as some past contributors. Want to send us a submission? Send it to