The Sapulpa Historical Society recently completed the process of digitizing Sapulpa area newspapers from 1904-2017. The project was made possible through a grant.
The amount of the grant was fifteen thousand dollars, however, the final cost exceeded that by five thousand dollars. The children of the Late Ed Livermore, revered owner and publisher of the “Sapulpa Daily Herald” (now the Sapulpa Herald), donated the remaining $5,000 needed to complete the project.
The Sapulpa Historical Society has obtained a grant for five thousand dollars to incorporate the digitally archived Sapulpa papers into the database of the Oklahoma State Historical Society’s “Gateway” which is a portal to digitally archived Oklahoma Newspapers. The process is expected to be completed in a few weeks, allowing public access to all digitally archived content.