Sapulpa Athletic Director Michael Rose has released a plan for how the school will handle winter sports, according to an official email sent last week. Rose thanked the community for making the fall sports season “a success, especially with all of the ticket limitations at football games, the requests for wearing face coverings, and the need to physically distance at all venues.”
Rose is now laying out the plan for winter sports coming, which changes the atmosphere for the students and patrons, since it moves to an indoor setting. “we must proactive in helping our winter sport athletes and coaches get their seasons,” Rose said.
The Sapulpa AD called the support of the community for our sports programs “unmatched” and said we “greatly appreciate it!”
The information below will outline our plans for the coming basketball and wrestling seasons.
Sections of seats will be marked off to assist with distancing patrons.
A basketball season pass will be sold for $35 and will be offered to families of 10th – 12th grade players. This would guarantee them admission to all regular season home junior varsity and varsity games; limit five (5) per player.
*The basketball season pass can be purchased with the understanding that if games are canceled, there will not be refunds or pro-rates given.*
The number of basketball season passes sold would then reduce the number of general admission tickets sold on the night of a home game.
1. 10th – 12th grade player’s parents or guardians will be allowed to purchase a basketball season pass; limit five(5) per player.
2. Home students
3. Home fans
Seven (7) home games:
|12/8/2020||Tuesday||4 / 5 / 6:30 / 8PM||v. Muskogee||Chieftain Center||Blue Out|
|12/15/2020||Tuesday||4 / 5 / 6:30 / 8PM||v. Broken Arrow||Chieftain Center||Senior Night / Beary Christmas|
|1/5/2021||Tuesday||4 / 5 / 6:30 / 8PM||v. Bartlesville||Chieftain Center||Neon|
|1/26/2021||Tuesday||4 / 5 / 6:30 / 8PM||v. Owasso||Chieftain Center||Pink Out / Breast Cancer Awareness|
|1/29/2021||Friday||4 / 5 / 6:30 / 8PM||v. Jenks||Chieftain Center||Mid-Winter Court / Rockstar|
|2/16/2021||Tuesday||4 / 5 / 6:30 / 8PM||v. Sand Springs||Chieftain Center||White Out|
|2/19/2021||Friday||4 / 5 / 6:30 / 8PM||v. Bixby||Chieftain Center||Animal / Country / Farm attire|
*Special note: Capacity could be adjusted depending on the color code level the district is in the week of a home game.*
* Family groups will be allowed to sit together.*
Junior High Basketball:
Games for junior high basketball will be held in the high school gym and Chieftain Center to allow patrons to physically distance from one another. Capacity could be adjusted depending on the color code level the district is in
All wrestling matches will be held in the Chieftain Center to allow patrons to physically distance from one another. Capacity could be adjusted depending on the color code level the district is in
All tickets sold will be $5 and will be general admission seating only. We ask that all patrons wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines.
Sapulpa Public Schools employees are entitled to one (1) free ticket, plus one (1) guest ticket.
Concessions at all events:
The concession stand will still be open, BUT we will only be selling pre-packaged items. Workers will be masked with gloves.
Entering the facility:
1. Ticket sellers and takers will be masked.
2. Six feet physical distancing while in line to enter the facility.
3. All persons asked to wear a mask and to physically distance.
On the floor:
1. Only required workers will be allowed at the scorers table.
2. Only the team and coaches will be allowed on the bench; no visitors or guests of the program allowed on the floor/bench area.
3. Media (print, radio, or TV) shall be seated on the opposite side of the scorers’ table and teams.
4. Only home spirit groups will be allowed.
5. All on floor halftime performances must be approved by site Administration.
6. Coaches, trainers, table workers, officials, site administration and media are asked to wear masks at all times.
7. Hand sanitizer will be available at the scorers’ table.
8. Players and coaches will provide their own personal beverages.
9. Visiting teams will be asked to come to the facility dressed and plan on minimal use of locker rooms.
10. When each game is completed, those student athletes should leave the facility.
11. There shall be no post-game mingling of opposing teams.
Sapulpa Chieftains Athletics reserves the right to adjust health and safety measures in accordance with current guidelines and recommendations of the CDC and local health officials.