Candidates for the Board of Education in fifteen Creek County school districts will file their Declarations of Candidacy beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 2, and continuing Tuesday and Wednesday, Creek County Election Board Secretary, Joy Naifeh said today.
Naifeh said the official filing period ends at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 4. All candidate filings will occur at the Creek County Election Board office, 230 E. Hobson, in Sapulpa, Naifeh said.
The Board of Education positions at stake will be filled at the Board of Education Primary Election scheduled February 11, 2020, and the Board of Education General Election on Tuesday, April 7, 2020. If only two candidates file, the position will be filled at the General Election. If more than two candidates file, a Primary Election will be held. If no candidate receives more than 50 percent of the total votes cast in the Primary Election, the two candidates receiving the highest number of votes will meet in the General Election.
Candidates may file for the following offices:
- Allen Bowden – Office No. 2;
- Bristow School-Office No. 5;
- Depew School-Office No 5;
- Drumright School – Office No. 5 and Office No. 2, unexpired;
- Gypsy School- Office No. 2;
- Kellyville School- Office No. 5;
- Kiefer School – Office No. 5;
- Lone Star- Office No. 2;
- Mannford School – Office No. 5;
- Mounds School – Office No. 5;
- Oilton School – Office No. 5;
- Olive – Office No. 5 and Office No. 2, unexpired;
- Pretty Water – Office No. 2;
- Sapulpa School – Office No 5;
- Central Tech #3 – Office No. 5.
Municipal candidate filing
Candidates for municipal office in two Creek County municipalities may file Declarations of Candidacy beginning at 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 2.
Joy Naifeh, Secretary of the County Election Board, said the filing period ends at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec 4.
Declarations of Candidacy will be accepted at the County Election Board office
for the indicated offices for each of the following municipalities:
- City of Sapulpa – Councilors for seat two in Wards one, two, three, four and five.
- City of Drumright – Commissioners for Wards two and four.
The municipal offices at stake in Sapulpa and Drumright will be filled in the Nonpartisan election scheduled Feb. 11, 2020.
For more information, contact the Creek County Election Board at (918) 224-3529.